Monday 26 September 2011

Rationale and Briefs:

Dissertation title:
What impact does Graphic Design have on the retail industry?


Dissertation tutor:
Andy Broadey


Rationale:
A branding investigation in the retail industry with a focus on print media.


Statement of intent:
I will need to be inducted into the print workshops, I have done some screen print, but I need to go over it again, as it has been a while since I have last done it.
Doing this will give me the opportunity to print on different medias.
Research into retail graphics is something I will be doing throughout the year, as it is part of my dissertation and has a lot to do with what I want to do in the future.
It will help me understand the industry more and what they are looking for. Also into P.O.S, as I haven't researched it too much the past few years, so haven't been able to use it to its full potential.. 
I would like to do another book making induction, as it has been ages since the last induction and I haven't managed to get the opportunity to make a book, however, this year, I intend on making a look book of some kind.


Brief 01:
To produce packaging and promotional products for a new cosmetic company..
Design the point of sale and overall identity.


Brief 02:
Bacardi- flirt with our fans and adorers..
Drive visibility and awareness of the Bacardi flavoured rum..
Look into point of sale and promotional products for the drink..


Brief 03:
Re-breand existing boutique shop.. from the signage, the labels, posters, store graphics and other promotional products..


Brief 04:
Live brief


Brief 05:
Wedding stationery.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment