Monday 26 September 2011

Rationale and Research

Rationale:
A branding investigation in fashion retail, with a focus on print media.


This year I intend on looking into the retail industry more, and see what kind of graphics are around. I want to look into branding products and making a brand for a company, through packaging, posters, events..
I want to make my work look more professional and commercial this year, so hopefully my briefs will give me the chance to do this.


Proposed research areas & themes:
The briefs that I have chosen are all print based and are subjects I have a bit of interest in and are relevant to the areas I would potentially like to work in.
One area I'd like to look into a bit more is packaging.. I would like it to be a bit 'boutiquey', giving me a bit of leeway with doing some hand craft like design, with some different styles of print..
I would also like to look into point of sale, which is really relevant to my dissertation proposal, I would like to look at what gets consumers attention, and how an interesting P.O.S will influence someone to buy into the product.


Proposed visits:




Books:


Texts:


Websites/online resources:


Additional activities:
Interviews for dissertation

No comments:

Post a Comment